Thursday, August 22, 2013

September Issues 2013!

Yes people, it's that time of the year again. The September Issues are out!!
"September - as said by Candy Pratts Price in 'The September Issue'- is the January in Fashion. "
For me the ''September Issue Excitement'' only began last year, maybe it's because the first Vogue NL September Issue came out last year..
However, I'm already a bit disappointed with their covers.
I don't feel inspired or get excited seeing the covers, with some exceptions.
With that being said, well, written, there are also two things that bother me, which I like to point out.
The fact that you see more celebrities on covers, back in the days only models graced the covers of fashionmagazines.
I want to see models wearing the latest and greatest looks of the runways.
Besides, the only non-Caucasian models I've seen on a cover were the three Asian models, Liu Wen, Sui He and Fei Fei Sun on Vogue China's 8th anniversary issue. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
To be honest I figured Joan Smalls would have least been on one cover..
Furthermore, where are the non-Caucasian models who normally brings 'some' diversity to the catwalks?
Please comment your thoughts about that below.

Last year I listed some of my favorite Vogue covers.
But there were some gorgeous covers of other magazines I had to share!
See them after the jump.

Samiya Cusman
Continue reading →