Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Interview: Mariano Di Vaio




He's a model, an actor, a fashionblogger and he's Italian! He has a great sense of style, amazing hair and he is the epitome of cool. I'm talking about my biggest mancrush - and no it's not ever handsome David Beckham, although both their hairstyles are always on point - I'm talking about the one and only, Mariano Di Vaio!
Mariano is one of the few models who also shares his life in a blog and what a blog it is!

Mariano was discovered while walking on the streets of  London in 2007 by a modeling agency and Abercombie and Fitch. Now he's signed at Models1  and MIKAs Stockholm. He wasn't that successful at first but he has definitely made a household name in the past years. In March 2012 he started his own blog, MDV Style and has since become one of he most influential fashion bloggers worldwide! And it is also the first Italian men's style blog.

I've contacted Mariano for an interview, he tells us about how his modeling-career and his fashionblog and also about his favorite things.



Tell us how your career came to a start, where and how you were discovered. 
Mariano: ''Everything started in London, while when I was walking I got recruited first from a Model Agency and them from Abercrombie, and since then I've been working so much as a model, and then after one year spent in NY I had the idea to open my own fashion blog, which is now big part of my daily job.''


Where are you based at the moment?

M: ''Milan''

What has been your proudest moment so far?
M:''The fact that after almost 2 years in this business I own a company called Mdv&Co and I'm partner in various fashion brands and that I have an amazing team behind me makes me happy everyday, and I'm so thankful to god for what I've the chance to do. ''

Highs and low of modeling?
M:''As everyone knows it's a beautiful job to be a model, always traveling and taking nice pictures, but it's also about many other things, like being away from your family for so long, and not seeing your friends, and not having the time to ride your bike in a sunny day, and so many crazy people, but you know, as every job there is highs and Low.''

I love your fashionblog! How did you first get into blogging?
M:''As I said before it was a thing I realized I wanted to do after my experience in New York City, where I saw blogs here a real inspiration for people, but not just for fashion, also about cooking and a choosing the best place to have fun or just dinner. So when I came back I decided to open my personal blog.''

You recently collaborated with Italian  brand, Chic Phobia, tell us more about that.
M:''It was a nice collaboration with this young Italian brand, I'm so happy about the way things went, and that people liked so much the stuff I designed.
I hope to make more collar like this in a near feature.''

Are there more projects coming in the future?
M:''A lot, but I can't talk about most of them:)''

Besides modelling and blogging are there any other things you want to do?
M:''I have lot of passions, but right now I'm concentrating on this because It's not just work but also a big passion.''

If you could choose to meet anyone, death or alive, who would that be and why?
M:''Definitely and 100% sure BOB MARLEY, I think he was an awesome person with such a nice soul and ideas, and It would be great to drink a beer and chat with him for just 10 min.''

What designer would you love to work with?
M:''Scotch&Soda is an amazing brand, one of my favorite and I would love to work with them and also NOHOW a new upcoming brand of some young guys, that would also be a nice collaboration. I love young and new brands with strong personality.''

If you could choose, which model would you like to work with?
M:''Cara Delevingne, she seems to be a nice and cool person to hang out with.''

3 Fashion items you can't live without?
M:''Sunglasses, Rings, and my phone which is part of my outfit! :D''

Samiya Cusman


A few of Mariano's favorite things:


Favourite city?
Amsterdam

Favourite dish?
Spaghetti

Favourite model?
Cara Delevigne 

Favourite movie?
Shutter Island

Favourite brand?
NoHow

Favourite app?
Instagram

I want to thank Mariano for answering these questions! Follow him on www.twitter.com/marianodivaio ,instagram.com/marianodivaio and take a look at his blog, MdvStyle.com!

All the pictures are from Mariano's blog, MdvStyle.