Saturday, January 3, 2015

Best of 2014

Despite getting into the holidays and thinking about my 2015 resolutions, I can't believe that 2014 is almost over and I'm already doing another "Best of..." post. Every year has its highs and lows, but this post will focus on the positive and some of my favorite beauty, fashion, and random items for 2014.

Beauty
1. Face: The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder has been a favorites of mine for a couple years and once again is in another yearly favorite of mine. This has saved my oily skin, especially during the summer and during long school days.

2. Concealer: Another repeat from last year is my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (review here). This conceals dark circle and helps diminish the appearance of bags. It also works as an excellent spot concealer and lasts for hours when set with a powder.


3. Blush/Bronzer: For the sake of not having this post being full of repeats, I'm going to say that the Innisfree Blush in #4 was my favorite blush/bronzer this year. It's great for the cooler months when the skin starts getting a little bit dull. I have also been loving my NYC Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzer (review here), since I have been getting into contouring and the bronzed makeup look.

4. Eye Product: As an eyeliner lover, the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in "Caviar Ink" was a definite favorite of mine this year. I also discovered the Artistry Liquid Liner, which I have been pairing with the gel eyeliner when I want to make a small, precise wing. 

5. Lip Product: I have grown to love my Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in "Tutu" this year. Although I bought this product for prom a few years back, I have recently been straying away from my fear of lipstick and started wearing this as a "my-lips-but-better" color. 


Fashion
Clothing Piece: This would have to be a tie between my Lush Black Maxi Dress and my Nike Capri Tights. I practically lived in my maxi dress over the summer, as it was very comfortable and flattering. I also have been loving my Nike Capri, whether it's for a workout or for lazy days.

Accessory: My cream infinity scarf! Scarves are a must have for lazy girls, since they easily add detail to any outfit. Cream or white also goes with any color, making it easy to throw on in the morning.


Pair of Shoes: For most of the year I was all about comfort, so my most worn pair of shoes were my black low-top Converse. Towards the end of the year however, I started wearing my Nike 5.0 Free Runs and my Lauren by Ralph Lauren brown riding boots more often.


Other
Favorite Blogs: This year I started to read blogs daily, so I have accumulated a list of blogs that I always check. 
Beauty blogs that I have loved reading included Lipgloss and LashesTemptaliaRosyChiccFrom Roses, and Raspberrykiss
Fashion blogs I loved included Southern Curls & Pearls, Classy Girls Wear Pearls and Bows & Sequins 
Food blogs I loved reading included Cooking Classy and Averie Cooks.

Favorites of Youtube: Youtube channels that I enjoyed watching included Wong Fu Productions,  SuperwomanTess ChristineGabriellaMeghan Rienkskellylovesbeauty1, and Ingrid Nilsen.

Favorite TV show: I probably watch a little too much TV, but I came across some pretty good shows this year. My favorite show was probably Lost, and even though it ended years ago, I finally got around to watching it. It only took me a couple months to finish the whole series. Other shows that I enjoyed were How To Get Away With Murder, rewatching The Office (twice), Revenge, The Middle, Black-ish, and of course, Gossip Girl!
 

Favorite book: While at the airport this summer, I stopped by the bookstore inside the airport and randomly decided to pick up Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. This was probably on the best mistakes I made that summer. I'm not a huge reader, but this book is hilarious and any lover of her previous works, such as the TV show The Office, will love this book. It is a combination of an autobiography, random thoughts and some small pieces of advice. Definitely recommend this read!

Food: As a serious food lover, this is hard for me to choose, since this especially changes with the seasons. During the warmer months, I was loving fresh salads and homemade Chipotle bowls. During the cooler months though, I got on the pumpkin band wagon and also loved anything with chocolate!

Beverage: One of the only beverages that I drink besides water is tea, which I surprisingly didn't drink much of this year. 


Favorite Song(s): I probably listen to music more than I sleep. Since I have so many favorite songs, I've decided to just put together some of my favorite songs of 2014. (While not included below, this list also includes the 1989 album by Taylor Swift and Four album by One Direction).



What was your favorite TV show of 2014?

Please leave your thoughts in a comment below!

Thank you for reading!